Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Minneapolis and More



Arlo just burped! Really loudly! It was funny. And a bit gross. We just got back (or not just, more like two days ago, but still) from Minneapolis, where we went for a wedding reception, to see Arlo's campus and to see the sculpture of a huge spoon with a cherry on it. We also hit Electric Fetus, Arlo's favorite music store in Minneapolis. At the wedding reception, I got a bit tipsy (shocker there!) and probably embarrassed Arlo by getting into a bridge and headstand competition with two of the kids (and some of his friends) at the party, and dancing to 70's hits. Oh well, he should be used to this by now. Oh, and I forgot to add something from that weekend that was very much fun and since I've added a pic from it, I should explain. We went to the Minnesota State Fair, which puts Maryland's state fair to shame. It was huge!! They had all of the necessary requirements of a state fair; cute but smelly animals, lots of junk food, and of course, butter carving. That's right, they carved the faces of the nominated Dairy Princesses into frozen butter. It was awesome! I'm just sad that we didn't get pictures of it.

Nothing else new really, just half-assedly looking for a job. As you can probably imagine, this hasn't actually gotten me any closer to having a job. However, I do have plans to go to Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee proper to see live music in the next month-and-a-half. I also have plans to keep organizing, fixing up the place, and taking pictures to post so that everyone can see the progress (I'm sure you're all waiting with baited breath).

One last thing....I wish ALL of my friends on the East coast well, and I miss you all, not just those of you living in Maryland. But I do miss those living in Maryland just a little bit more. (Just kidding, Matt!) Oh, and one more thing...Bill is great!

Pictures to be posted later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen:

Unsurprisingly as it may be, I agree with you whole-heartedly!

Bill