Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Day Late

I realized a pattern- I pretty much always (or at least all of the five times I've posted before) that I post on Mondays and Fridays. Not sure why it works out that way. I guess the rest of the week I am so busy that by the time I get some free time, I'm freakin exhausted and all I want to do is sleep. However, this Friday, yesterday, I was at the Irish Festival with Arlo. We ate fish and chips (Irish Friday Fish Fry), played bingo (we won! $20 for us!), and finished off the night with a beer at The Bubbler, which is what midwesterners call water fountains. It was a great bar, kind of reminiscent of Angel's Grotto before it became Little Dickies or whatever it is. There are a LOT of those kinds of neighborhood bars around here, pretty much one every block or so. We watched the highly entertaining Little League championship and discussed the possibility of joining a rec league ourselves. The thought of me doing this is both absurd and exhilarating.
So, the house is coming together nicely, as Arlo and I are trying to make good use of the space, straightening as we go. I have the fabric for both sets of curtains I'm making, and I will post pics of the finished rooms once curtains and artwork are hung. I started work on the kitchen table, which I'm really glad Bill didn't toss off the porch like most of the other stuff on it, and Arlo found these great diner-type chairs outside on the curb and I bought some fantastic red sparkle vinyl to recover them. Tomorrow, after visiting with his grandparents and picking blackberries at his dad's place, I will definitely be working on more projects. These projects are infinitely more pleasant and less daunting than finding a job, so that's pretty much where I spend most of my time. I'll be looking into jobs, emailing contacts, etc on Monday, so I still have one more day to completely dedicate myself to home projects.
I don't know how many of you check this, or check facebook, but I did want to add that I passed my exam and am now a certified clinical social worker!! I can practice, diagnose, and accept insurance, all without supervision. In fact, I can give you all diagnoses right now. Bill, from your response to an earlier post, you have Narcissistic Personality Disorder. :) That will be $75. Everyone else, you're safe for now. Going to bed now.
One last thing- from now on, I will be posting a "Live Music Total" (LMT) a tally of live music I've seen so far. As most of you know, Arlo's a pretty big fan of live music, and we have already been busy with lots of live music. So far the tally is 5, with Irish festival counting as 2, because there were several bands. We also saw Bon Iver, Brother, and I saw this guy and his band play on First Friday in Racine. By myself.
LMT= 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Chicka,

So great to talk to you last week and I'm glad to see you're keeping up with the blog.

Congrats again on passing the exam, thats absolutely wonderful!

Good luck with the job hunting! I hope you find something you love.

Miss ya!
Tamira

Unknown said...

you diagnoses are bush league! Good luck on the job front, deary.