Monday, August 4, 2008

Arlo Returns



So, the rest of the weekend was busy as all-get-out, with me painting, running to THE home depot, and going to sleep exhausted and really paint-splattered. The colors I chose for the rooms were a light blue for the bedroom and a (what I thought was) light green for the spare room. However, upon putting it on the wall, I discovered it was more of a Shrek-type green. Ooops! I could go into further detail about the colors, but that would be "someone else's" blog, not mine :) Anyway, after two days of painting I pretty much finished, at least enough to move the cats and dog in. Proud and pleased, I went to sleep, for approximately 4 hours when I became awoken by loud banging that I thought was in my dreams, but was actually Arlo throwing stones and pieces of wood at the bedroom window and calling my name. Completely confused, I answered the door to find a really not-so-happy Arlo waiting for me. Turns out I locked him out by locking the screen door. After staying up and catching up for a while, we went to blissful sleep until I woke up to take the cats to the vet. I was completely paranoid that they both had UTIs from the trip, so they went to the local vet's office, where I swear I met the nicest vet I've ever met. First of all, the accent was killer, she called them "twinkies" and had to explain that it meant they looked like the perfect pair, and then said Sidd's nose was distinguished and made him regal, and then said they were nice and sweet and surprisingly not chunky despite the really fatty diet they have. Despite the bill, it was the best vet visit I've been on, though I can't speak for Fizgig and Siddhartha. BTW, they've spent most of their time under the bed at Arlo's mom's place, as we aren't moving them until the place is set up.

So, tomorrow's the move, the truck's coming in the morning, and we have Arlo's dad, his girlfriend, her daughter and hopefully some of Arlo's friends. Of course, they're no Baltimore crew, but they'll do. I will try to post pictures of all of this on Facebook or maybe something like Shutterfly or something.

Oh, and one more thing: How cool is this?!? Within 10 minutes of our place is a park, a place that is called Fashion Ninja , another design place with sewing lessons, a health food co-op, a bowling alley, a gym, theater, and lots of bookstores and coffee places. It's like the place was made for me!!

Anyway, I miss you all like heck. Take care and I'll post soon. BTW, since he's being so sweet and scratching my back, Arlo says hi. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen:

So far your blog is a ho-hum affair. Perhaps a little more Bill stories and the general theme of adoration of Bill will liven up the enterprise.

Best of luck out there with the move, kick ass on the exam and I'll look forward to seeing you soon.

Love,
Bill B.

Unknown said...

hey lady!

you sound so happy. yay! miss you like the dickens but i'll come see your spankin' new place sometime this fall. sorry to have missed your call; tamira and i were at a poetry slam. i'll ring soon.

love ya!
wendy lady

amanda said...

sounds like you're settling in well. Do you have comment notification on so you can see these?

I'll give you a call in a day or so - I'm sure you're swamped with the moving bit today. have fun!

And remember...if you hesitate - you don't really want it!

Phay said...

glad to hear you are settling in well...i have a few more boxes to unpack and ripley already owns the place...take care

phay

Anonymous said...

Hey lady,

Sounds like you're finding your way around the neighborhood already, thats great! You'll be replacing your best girl buds in no time and all us Baltimoron's will be forgotten.

We'll just have to post more on your blog to be sure you check it.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Oh yeah...the poetry slam, they actually had a slam team this time and was fantastic.

Miss ya,
Tamira

Kevbo said...

I have to admit, I am really enjoying your blog, I find that it has just the right amount of detail, humor, and content. Bill stories are great and all, and might be lacking, but I really enjoy looking for the subtle mocking of Andrej, which is choice... -KH

Kevbo said...

I keep forgetting to ask, why e-mail address should I be using for you now? Please send me an e-mail so I can update my address book...
-KH