Friday, August 8, 2008

Freakin exhausted

So, haven't had time to breathe really, let alone time to post, call people, write thank you notes, or any of the other things on my list of stuff I really want to do. Instead, my time has been spent cleaning, unpacking, sorting, studying, and trying to convince Arlo that I really need all of the stuff I packed and am now unpacking and filling our house with. Tonight we took a break from all of the house stuff to go to a good Wisconsin fish fry. For those of you not aware of what they are, they are found in most restaurants in Wisconsin on Friday nights and are composed of fried fish (typically cod, but can be many other kinds of white fish), coleslaw, potato pancakes or fries, and rye bread, accompanied by a beer. Really healthy stuff. Tonight we went to Serb Hall (officially American Serbian Banquet Hall) to feast. Unfortunately, no potato pancakes, instead french fries or mashed potatoes. Alas, we were way under in our quest for saturated fats. Now we're home and have taken a brief walk with Marley during which he freaked out about other dogs several times and is now resting comfortably, having barked at all of his foes. We are getting ready for bed, and then it's another day to unpack, clean, and study. Sounds like a pain, but I'm also really kind of liking this whole thing. Nesting is fun! I'm so excited to make curtains and set up a place to do stuff in the garage. There's so much fun stuff to look forward to. Arlo and I are getting along very well, settling in together nicely, and it's cool that we can hang out and be productive at the same time. Tomorrow after a day of work at the house, we are heading down to Racine to see his sister, niece, and nephew for dinner. I hope you are all doing well and I'll talk to you soon. If I haven't called, I promise I will do so within the next week. It has just been crazy here, and I'm trying so hard to get everything put away that I've been really lax about reconnecting with everyone at home. So, take care, y'all, and I'll talk to you soon! Later!

No comments: