Monday, June 15, 2009

Kevin's Blog Has Been Mysteriously Absent Recently

I'm just saying....

In other news, I am going to try on Arlo's type of post today and talk about two new CDs that people should check out.

1. Paolo Nutini, Sunny Side Up- He has a great voice, and this album shows so much variety of sound. Some of it sounds a lot like a cross between Harry Belafonte and Otis Redding, with a little Bob Marley thrown in. Happy, dancy-type songs with some really pretty slow songs as well. It makes me want to see him again in concert sometime soon.

2. Hoots and Helmouth, The Holy Open Secret- Arlo and I saw them on Thursday night, and they put on an awesome show. We saw them at a tiny place, called Shank Hall, which held a way different crowd from the last time we saw them at 8 X 10. No drunk, entitled, rich chicks leaning on me and spilling beer on me, everyone was pretty tame, other than the band. They play really fun, loud folk music, with banjos, guitars, and a stand-up bass. It's music that is probably better live than on CD, but their new CD is perfect for driving around with the windows down. Afterwards, I talked to two of the band members, which was awesome! Arlo was fearful that I was inviting them to stay with us, as they were without residence for the evening, but I was not.

Alright, gotta go. Time to get ready for bed. I'm doing okay, two posts in less than a week, probably the best turn-around I've had so far. Now, if I could just say the same about Kevin's blog!

2 comments:

chovak said...

Thanks for the music blogging. It is interesting to me. Have you heard Rodriequez's song "Sugar Man"? It's a throwback, but it's pretty awesome. And you know I like music for driving around with the windows down... even though I don't have a car.

Unknown said...

Shameless pandering to Mr. K, are we? Oh well...we all take pity on the poor now and then, don't we Jeniffer? I don't like that Nutini guy, mostly because of that "New Shoes" track he did on his last album. He certainly does NOT where pants that have heft and girth to them...that's all I'll say.

I like the National still, although I'm always three years behind the trendy kids, like you!