Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chicago

Per some requests, I am going to try to post more regularly, though I make no promises. This weekend, Arlo and I stayed busy. His friend, Casey, came to Milwaukee on Friday night and she and I went to visit Arlo at work. We decided to stay in Racine so as to be 30 minutes closer to Chicago for the next day. For, you see, we were going to a Cubs game. So cool! Normally, I'm not a huge fan of sports, but this was pretty cool! Arlo had acquired tickets to Beyond the Ivy, one of the rooftop venues for seeing the game. It was through Casey, who works at University of Minnesota, as the Cubs were playing the Twins. Needless to say, in the box at least, we were outnumbered by Twins fans. It was a sort of sad game, as the Cubs didn't seem to have much fight in them and the innings went really quickly. Typically, it feels like baseball games drag on and on, but this was the opposite. I got sort of tipsy, drinking a bit more than I am used to. As it was a day game, Arlo and I headed home with Casey, stopped at La Tapatia for fried tacos, and then picked up Arlo's dad to hang out with us for the night. We watched Happy Go Lucky, eh, it was okay.

Today I worked in the garden out back and generally chilled. No pictures at this time, but I may post some later. After all, I was feeling a bit of pressure to get something out there. Gotta get going. Arlo's waiting patiently to get on the computer, and after all, it is his computer. Talk to you soon, y'all. We'll see what kind of spectacular posts will be coming soon to a computer near you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally awesome to see more posts on here, Jen. I'm glad Arlo had fun with his friend an that you had fried tacos (I prefer them regular). I am putting some detail in here not only to tell you, but to also demonstrate to others that I do read your blog.

Great to see you and keep up the posts!

Unknown said...

wow, I checked back to see if anyone else cared about Jen. Guess not...

But, Jen, I'm proud of you for getting loaded at the Cubs game. My condolences to Arlo for the loss, as I know his phone proclaims his devotion.

chovak said...

Fantastic!

Happy go Lucky wasn't awesome, I agree. But I really liked the actress. She played her character so naturally that it makes you think she'd always play that kind of role, but it's not true. She's much different in the BBC adaptation of Persuasion--seen it?

jenr78 said...

Interesting, no I have not seen that. I was kind of irritated by her, and wanted her to not be so silly.

On another note, Kevin has not be posting at all. Weird.