Saturday, April 11, 2009

The light!


Two posts in one weekend?!?!? You must be joking! But I am not. I just wanted to share another lovely gift we got. Arlo's dad, Jerry, is a fantastic glass-blower, and after he made us several cool glasses and vases, I made a request. I asked him to make us a hanging light fixture. Much to my delight, he did it! He even got us this cool pendant kit to hang it. However, it was meant to go right into the ceiling, and I didn't think our landlords would like it if I just went and cut a 4-inch hold in the ceiling and started searching for wiring, so we had some amending to do in order to set up the light. Arlo's dad also made one for Sally, Arlo's sister, and she did the same thing, so she offered very helpful advice on how to do it. Basically, it just meant buying a swag-kit, you know like the hanging lamps that were popular in the 70's, and attaching it to the bulb outlet from the pendant kit. Considering neither of us have any electrical experience, I'd say we did a pretty good job. After we finished it, we celebrated our handy success by going to a yummy new restaurant, Palamino's, where we ate fried foods, drank beer, and watched the Cubs game. Wow, it's almost like Arlo's dating a dude.



The light is awesome and it not only gives the kitchen a pretty glow, it leaves a cool wave pattern on the floor because of the edges.



I am already thinking of new ways that Jerry can add to our collection!
P.S. The last picture has absolutely nothing to do with the light, but I think this is pretty much the cutest picture of Sidd that I have ever seen!
Night, y'all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, I'm glad to see that glass put to good use, and that I'm back on top for 2X in a row!

You know, I always marvel at my endurance. I mean, I can really run a joke into the ground, can't I.

BTW, Kevin's blog now officially blows donkey sphincter.

Facebook, Toby, Toby Facebook..

Kevbo said...

I like the light, and I think Kevin's blog is awesome. I am also unimpressed with Bill's endurance.
Happy Easter Y'all,
-Kevin

chovak said...

Holy shit! two posts in one weekend! I'm impressed. And the light is awesome. Not my style, but you know that, from my questionnaire a couple of years ago.

jenr78 said...

Wow, Bill, twice in a row! I am impressed!

Perhaps I should be saying to you, Blogger, Fizgig, Fizgig, Blogger.

Unknown said...

Facebook, facebook...blogger, facebook.