Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend Plans

The plan as of right now is to head out of Milwaukee on Wednesday, early afternoon or whenever we can hit the road. We will then sleep somewhere half-way and hopefully be in Baltimore by early afternoon on Thursday. Phay, I don't think we will be able to make Detroit the half-way mark, because that heads us North and would take about 6 hours, when at 6 hours, we should be much closer to home. :(
As with everyone else, we will be with family on Thursday and Thursday night. The "free" days, then would be Friday and Saturday, as we will probably leave Sunday mid-afternoon. Several people have said we could have people over to their place, and I just found out that my brother is not going to be at my mom's place, so we could probably also hang there, so long as we stay in the basement. I propose that we all get together on Friday night and determine the location closer to the date. I would like to just say that we could all come to my mom's place, but as you all know from my going-away party, they can be kind of crazy about having people over. We could go out for food or just order pizza so as to make it as easy as possible.

I think this may be the only way I can see everyone, but if you can't make it to Friday night, we can try to work something out.

Post comments or email me directly at jreit001@umaryland.edu to let me know what you think. Remember, nothing on Facebook!

Oh, and I realize that this is a really boring post (and I still expect a comment, Bill), but needed to get this out and it seems to be the best way to do it, perhaps even better than email so people aren't bombarded with "reply alls". There's nothing too exciting going on right now, as we haven't been to any concerts lately ("Quelle horror, what will Kevin think?!?!"), haven't started my job yet, and have been spending my time being sick and organizing things in the house, two things that NO ONE (except Andrej) would care to blog about. For more excitement, see Arlo's blog. I'm just happy to be on the mend and sitting in a clean house with a fully functioning bathroom sink (there was a snafu with the sink that could be a post in and of it self, I was so inclined, which I'm not).

Talk to you all soon and see you in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't emphasize my excitement enough!

6 comments:

chovak said...

Ha ha ha.

Thanksgiving weekend schedule is difficult to determine at this time, but I'll make an effort to come up.

Beat you again, Bill.

Phay said...

6 hours? i didn't realize it was that far out of the way...thanks for checking into it and for doing it more thoroughly than i did

Anonymous said...

Friday night shouldn't be a problem. Keep me posted. =o)

Unknown said...

You bastards! Jen, you (alone) are the pause button of my life so I will natuarlly be there for you. For my money, hanging out in a basement seems pretty unnecessary on account of the fact that Amanda and I own a home and will be glad to let you play without interference. As far as Kev-Bo and Jess, we are very accomodating towards children and this would allow you to come and go at your pace.

The only thing I expect in return is an awesome pedicure and ass-wax. Not too much to ask in my book!

jenr78 said...

Oh Bill, you sweet-talker, you.

Unknown said...

Ha!!! Gotcha