Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sluggish With Crab....mmmmm.....crabbbb....

Against my better judgment, I decided to go out on a limb and talk about what I had for dinner tonight. Not that there's not other stuff that can be talked about, I mean, I did start a new job, quit my old job, and start looking at portable heaters for the house, but this was special.

Backstory: Arlo and I were biking one day up Layton Ave. We passed a restaurant with a large plane attached to the front. Arlo said, "Let's go check out the menu (or something like that.)" He loves it when restaurants post their menus outside the door, it's like window-shopping for him. Anyway, he was excited to point out that they have All-You-Can-Eat crablegs on Wednesday night, market price. Checking on the price for me, he found out that it's usually around $26-28. Normally I'm not a fan of AYCE, as I find I never feel I get my money's worth and the food is usually subpar. However, I must admit I was intrigued, as crab is probably one of the only things I know that I can keep eating for a long time without getting full.

So, as tomorrow's my first "real" day at my new job, not at a training center, I decided it was time to treat both of us to an awesome meal. And did it live up to expectation! Wow! I ate a bucket of crab! It was freakin fantastic! Arlo got AYCE fried chicken, fried fish, and french fries (A.K.A. Arlo's ideal meal), which was also quite tasty. We ate ourselves silly and then came home and practiced the blocks, holds, and other self-defense moves I learned in training today. No, really. It was fun, but kind of sucked with the full stomachs.

Now, it's about 9:00 and Arlo's already asleep on the couch. I've picked out my outfit for tomorrow and am ready to get up butt-early to assure that I'm not late on my first day. I will post after to let everyone know how it goes, and I all I know so far is that my office is in what was the conference room, leading me to question, "Where will we have conferences now?"

Have a good night! I'm going to go put on my pj's so that my belly can expand under the pressure of the two-plus snowcrabs that gave their lives for me. Oh crabs, how I have loved you.

One more thing...I just realized that I mentioned this but never followed up...I decided to quit my job at Louise's Trattoria. I really liked the people I worked with and the customers were nice. I just think that I will be way too busy with the new job for any additional stressors, you know? Plus, it feels weird to me to be the Outpatient Clinic Manager by day and waitstaff by night. So, after this Saturday, no more Louise's, though I am hoping to hang out with some of the people I met there, as they are pretty cool.

See you in about a week!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't wait to hear about the new job. We're excited to see you next week - I can't believe Thanksgiving is already here! Keep me posted on plans for when you're home.

Unknown said...

I didn't even read what you said, but I wanted to beat Andre from commenting before me! Take THAT!

See you next week,
Bill

Jessica said...

Sucka! You may have beaten Andrej, but you have to wake up earlier than that to beat me! :)

Matt said...

"Outpatient Clinic Manager by day, __________ by night!" sounds like a really fun game.

I'll get the ball rolling: Dominatrix!

chovak said...

Outpatient Clinic Manager by day, Inpatient Sex Therapist by night!

jenr78 said...

Mime! Although, what a boring job. Miming at night would suck b/c you'd basically be on your own and really quiet, wearing creepy and uncomfortable face make-up.