Thursday, September 11, 2008

Damn! I've been lax!

So sorry to those of you who check on a regular basis! I really wanted to wait until I took pictures of the house, which meant I wanted to wait until the curtains were done, and then my sewing machine was a bit possessed, and there you go. It didn't happen. So, despite the fact that I STILL don't have pictures, I decided to write about what else is going on. I did actually finish the fourth and final set of curtains (hurrah!), but I don't feel that the place is fit to take pictures of, as there is still A: a lot of crap around, B: the process of switching over to the fall clothes in the bedroom and hence, piles of clothes, and C: A CAT LITTER BOX IN THE BEDROOM!!!! Emphasis on that last tasty morsel. The plan right now is to clean up the laundry room so it's kitty-proof and move the litter box and food dishes in there, but it hasn't happened. So, please continue waiting for those pictures as it's probably going to be a few days. This is not due to sheer laziness, I assure you. It's due mostly to the fact that I recently accepted a job at Louise's Trattoria, an Italian restaurant in the city. I worked a double there today, and will do another one tomorrow and another on Saturday. They are all stupid training sessions, so I'm trying to pack them in so that I can get on the floor and start making money!!
As for the other job, you know, the one where I do social worky type stuff? Well, haven't found one of those yet. Unfortunately, this continues to be a bit difficult, but I am still sending out my resume, calling places and checking online. I'll keep you all posted on that.
I guess nothing new to report otherwise. Oh, yeah, there is one thing. I saw an Indy race last weekend. It was the Indy 300, held at Chicagoland Speedway. I went with Arlo and his friend Scott. Having experienced it, I can safely say that while aspects were enjoyable (the crashes once the people were discovered to be fine, the company, and the finish), I have to say that I was wondering why people would pay actual money for this. I mean really, it's a bunch of cars driving in circles 200 times! However, who am I to judge. If given the choice, I would so dig watching a marathon of shows from E! and Style to my heart's content.

Alright, time to go study the 10 Points of Service for my quiz tomorrow. Man, this puts the LCSW-C exam to shame! Night, y'all. Pics to post soon. Love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Jen. Just remember that the overarching rule of service is "WWBWYTD" - What would Bill want you to do? As long as you obey the natural answer to that rule, you will be raking in the tips.

P.S. - Now I have to keep my streak up.