Monday, September 15, 2008

Finally, The Pictures!







Okay, so the plan was to put pics of the house online yesterday, but I was in a crazy rush to get out of the house for a music festival, followed by a concert by Abigail Washburn and the Sparrow Quartet (cue knowing laugh by Kevin). Two, count them two, occurrences of live music in one day!! Add that to the tally (which hasn't been updated, by the way). Abigail Washburn was amazing, but more about that later.




The pictures are of the various rooms of the house, namely the bedroom (Elsie), Marley's room (Susie), the Kitchen (The Daisy Diner) and the living room (The Planetarium) (Arlo and I gave them the names the first day we moved in to make putting furniture and boxes away more fun). It's tough to see the colors perfectly, but the main bedroom is a sky blue and Susie, Marley's room, is a bright green. The living room is a khaki tan. I made all the sets of curtains and Arlo helped me pick out two of the fabrics. Please notice the new couch, which is comfy, big enough to nap on, and sporting a fantastic ottoman. Also, the bedroom is definitely a work in progress as far as stuff on the walls. We have to move that one painting to over the dresser and put more pictures up. Fortunately, Amanda and Bill sent us a great frame with four pictures and we are going to be hanging that up, so that will definitely add something, especially with Bill's handsome face! I'm really pleased with the way that everything in the house turned out. Our place isn't perfect, but it's pretty awesome! I know we're both very happy here.
Okay, so here's where you come in, Choose Your Own Adventure Style. I would like to know where you want me to go from here. You can either hear more about my new job at Louise's Trattoria, the Abigail Washburn concert, or the recent shenanigans amongst the pets! You choose. Whatever has the most votes by Friday will be written about thoroughly. But not too thoroughly. Entertaining, concise, and titillating. That's my style.
Night, y'all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I vote for pets. Naturally, I also think that the home is made exponentially more attractive by the addition of my mug.

How is work going?

Matt said...

"You can either hear more about my new job at Louise's Trattoria, the Abigail Washburn concert, or the recent shenanigans amongst the pets!"

Are those really my only choices? Dear god.

amanda said...

Hmm, I would like the hear about ALL of them.

Start writing!

jenr78 said...

Regarding Bill's comments, yes, it's much better with your smiling face, and you will probably not be suprised by the sheer number of people who comment on your attractiveness on a regular basis (well, mostly it's just Arlo) and regarding Matt's comments, I'm living in Wisconsin for god's sakes!!! Tee hehe, just kidding. Yup, that's what you get. It's been a slow week. What would your choices be, anyway??!!?!?!, your new gadgets,your latest bizarre purchase for the office or your favorite episode of Family Guy?!?!? Geez!!

Phay said...

i vote for pet shenanigans